Preview Of Class On Boat & Water Scene With Reflections:
- How to study and sketch a wharf scene with a sailboat and forest.
- How to prepare to paint reflections on water.
- How to apply the “wet in wet” technique to a forest, a sky, and a body of water.
- How to mix primary colors with earth colors to achieve a relaxing and immersive atmosphere.
- Mixing white paint with various colors to achieve different levels of transparency within a painting.
- Mixing colors on watercolor paper to achieve ripple effects.
Paints On The Palette (Various Brands)
- Lemon Yellow
- Bright Orange
- Permanent Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red Light
- Deep Purple
- Deep deep Purple (Mineral Violet)
- Olive Green
- Chromium of Oxide
- Cobalt Green
- Leaf Green
- Cerulean Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Neutral Tint
- Ivory Black
- Burnt Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Yellow Ochre
- Quinacridone Gold
- White paint (in a tube)
Watercolor Paper: Fabriano 140-pound rough watercolor paper
- Escoda Joseph Zbukvic Signature Series Round Brush (20)
- Escoda Joseph Zbukvic Signature Series Round Brush (12)
- Escoda Joseph Zbukvic Signature Series Round Brush (8)
- Neef Rigger Brush (6)
- Neef Rigger Brush (8)
- Neef Rigger Brush (10)
- Windsor Newton Cotman no.1 Brush
- Mechanical pencil with 0.7 lead for sketching and tracing
- Container of clean water
- Auxiliary tray for mixing additional colors
- A towel or rag to rest brushes on
- Tissue or paper towel
- Artists’ tape
Reference Photo (Click To Enlarge)
Initial Sketch (Click to Enlarge)