Technique To Lift Wet Paint
The finished lifts
Click the photo to enlarge and see the results of the wet lifting watercolor techniques described above. Other techniques for lifting wet color I’ve used:
- Spraying water to wash away areas of color.
- Using various absorbent fabrics and towels.
- My hands or parts there of. Your skin can pick up color like a stamp pad. You’ll leave personal textures. DON’T PICK UP TOXIC COLORS IN THIS MANNER! (and don’t use your tongue either, duh…)
- Several cats in my lifetime have lifted paw prints out of a wet wash.
- Sgrafitto techniques will scrape away color but bruise the paper in the process.